A Campaign to start for the Martyr’s Unfinished House

10th, 2015
Share This : Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Pin on PinterestShare on TumblrShare on VKShare on LinkedInDigg thisShare on RedditShare on StumbleUponPrint this page


Özgür Gümüş, a police officer who died on his duty for our country, was buried in Fethiye. He had told his dream of finishing the construction of his home with two storeys to his friends before he died. This dream comes true as his last will and testament and a campaign will be started to finish the house of the martyr police, who was the father of 2 children.

Özgür Gümüş was working as a riot police in Diyarbakır Ergani District. During his patrol mission, he fired his gun accidentally and died.  He was taken to Fethiye, his hometown, by plane after the ceremony in Diyarbakır and buried in Eldirek Cemetery.



Father İsmail and mother Ayşe Gümüş were calmed down by other family members and friends. Nalan Gümüş, the wife of the martyr police officer, was resting under the supervision of a doctor. Ayşe Balım, 8 year old daughter of the martyr, offered Turkish delight and cologne to visitors coming to express their condolences and Yusuf Balım, 3 year old son of the martyr police officer, was playing around the house at this moment.



His colleagues from Diyarbakır paid a visit to his family and expressed their condolences. They also told them about his dream house which he had shared with his friends before he died. As they told, Gümüş was unhappy because he could not finish his duplex house next to his father’s home and had said, “I want to finish the house and live next to my parents with my wife and children.”



His colleagues said they accepted his dream as his last will and wanted to start a campaign to finish the house in construction. The parents approved and a campaign would be started to complete the house with no doors and windows with the supports of Diyarbakır Police Department, it is reported.

Mehmet Hanefi Şengül, the father-in-law of the late police officer, came from Elazığ to Fethiye for condolences and said his daughter and grandchildren would stay in Fethiye. Şengül explained his son-in-law worked hard to complete the construction of his house, “After his duty in Ergani, he was going to come and settle here with his family. He was going to finish his house and then live here. He could not finish the construction as his financial situation was not so good. If the house is completed, my daughter can live here as well. They have nowhere else to go.”


News 1.128 views